Health Office information:

Julie Colvin, RN; phone 248-6372, fax 248-6336
Kristine McCarthy, LPN; phone 641-3199 x3199

NYS Immunization requirements for 6th, 7th and 12th grade:

  • All incoming sixth-graders are required to have a second varicella vaccine prior to entering sixth grade.
  • All sixth-graders are required to have a Tdap vaccine with in two weeks of their 11th birthday.
  • All incoming 7th and 12th graders are required to have the meningococcal vaccine. 7th graders are required to have one vaccine, 12th graders are required to have a second meningococcal vaccine unless the first shot was given after their 16th birthday.

The Immunization Clinic on Westfall Road is available to provide immunizations free of charge.

  • By appointment: Tuesdays 9am-noon and 1-4 p.m., and Thursdays 9 a.m.-noon
  • Walk-in (no appointment needed): Wednesdays noon-7 p.m.; please arrive by 6 p.m.
  • 111 Westfall Road, Rochester, NY 14692; phone: (585) 753-5150

NYS-mandated Physical Exams:

  • All new students and returning 7th,9th and 11th graders are required to submit a current physical. In addition starting in the 2019 school year only the approved NYS School Health Examination Form may be used to document health exams to provide consistency across the state. This form will be available on the website in the coming months. This exam must be dated after Sept. 1, 2017.
  • Seventh- and tenth-graders are requested to submit a completed Dental Health Certificate dated after Sept. 1, 2017. Visit our Health Forms page for a list of low cost/free dental providers in Monroe county.
  • A current physical must be on file in the health office for all students wishing to participate in sports or requesting work permits. The physical must be dated within one year of the start of the sport or within one year of the work permit request.

Medications: The medication permission form needs to be filled out for all students requiring medication during the school year. The form is valid for one school year and must be renewed each year. The form is for all prescription medication (including emergency medications such as inhalers or Epi-pens) as well as non-prescription medications (such as Tylenol or Advil). A physician and parent/guardian must sign the form. Please make sure to check the permission to self-carry and self-administer box for students who will carry their own medication. For more information and copies of the required forms, visit the Medication Guidelines page.

Medical Notes: All notes from student’s physician or medical provider should be given to the Health Office. Medical notes are a part of the student’s health record. The nurse will forward a copy to the necessary disciplines.

Authorization for Use of Disclosure of Protected Health Information

This optional form provides permission for your child’s doctor to fax information to the school and for the school to fax information to the physician. You can find it on the Health Forms page.

For all sports information, including summer sports physical information, forms, and recertification process, check out the Athletics page.

For helpful websites on teens and health, check out my Nurse Links page.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding your child's health.